Self-Directed Care & Support for NHS Organisations
Chapter one of the NHS Long Term Plan identifies personalised care and digital as two of the five major, practical changes that will create the new NHS service model fit for the 21st century. Both of these represent seismic and challenging shifts in relation to people, processes and technology.
The NHS has set out plans for how it will systematically implement the Comprehensive Model for Personalised Care to reach 2.5 million people by 2023/24, with 200,000 people being supported by Personal Health Budgets by 2023/24.
What we do
We can help you deliver across all aspects of personalised care, especially end-to-end solutions for personal health budgets. This can be an important element of wider solutions such as discharge-to-assess (D2A) and delayed transfer-of-care (DTOC) initiatives. We work with CCGs, CSUs, Trusts, STPs, ICSs and other stakeholders, but the patient is always at the heart.
Our recruitment tools and resources can help you stimulate and manage the market of Personal Assistants.
Our Virtual Wallet solution for personal health budgets is built on our experiences in social care and best practices across the globe, and has been tailored to the specific needs of the NHS.
We work in close partnership with you to enable you to empower patients to experience the benefits of personalised care, while minimising the risk and administrative burden for your organisation.
Our passionate team have a wealth of experiences across the health sector and work across multiple cohorts, including continuing healthcare, mental health, end-of-life care and personal wheelchair budgets.
- Cheshire CCG Virtual Wallet (opens in a new window) - a website aimed at personal budget holders in Cheshire.
- PA Web Bolton (opens in a new window) - a website aimed at individuals looking for a personal assistant and at personal assistants looking for work.
- My Virtual Wallet (opens in a new window) - the landing page for people who are interested in, or already have, a Virtual Wallet account.
- 5 Reasons Why PHBs Matter - a blog post on why CCGs need to be acting now on personal health budgets.
- Managing your own self-directed care & support budget (opens in a new window) - our video about the potential benefits of personal health budgets.
- How we can save up to 25% of your costs with PHBs (opens in a new window) - a paper exploring potential savings for CCGs and other funding organisations.
- Virtual Wallet vs PHB Choices (opens in a new window) - a comparison of our solution and the solution formerly operated as PHB Choices.
Recommended External Reading
- NHS England information about PHBs (opens in a new window), aimed at professionals in the NHS.
- NHS England video about PHBs for continuing healthcare (opens in a new window).
- NHS England Report on approved IT Systems (opens in a new window) - note that references to 'PCG' should be read as 'Public Partnerships'.
- g-Cloud 12 framework (opens in a new window), which provides a procurement route for our products and services.
We are on NHS England’s preferred supplier list for IT solutions to meet the needs of personal health budgets.
Learn about our current self-directed care and support solutions for NHS Organisations by location.